Quarter Master 8-Leg Twin Race Clutch Evo 8/9
Drawing on an extensive, race-winning heritage, Quarter Master designed the all new 7.25" Mitsubishi Evo Race Clutch to perform well in a broad range of Evo VIII and IX racing platforms. The new clutch utilizes eight integral steel hardened legs to provide a much longer lifespan than one-piece aluminum covers where the floater and pressure plates have a tendency to wear into the drive legs. The 8-leg design also reduces stress on drive legs by 25 percent and creates a stiffer cover and smoother range on the diaphragm spring motion. A lower moment of inertia and gear drive friction design allow for quicker, smoother shifts. In addition, the gear drive clutch hub is located on the friction pack to enable easier transmission installation, much smoother and quicker shifting, improved input shaft wear and increased hub strength.
Available with an ultra-reliable Universal Hydraulic Release Bearing and adapter to replace the stock unit (HRB not included, please choose the option in the selection bar if you would like to include a new 5-Speed HRB). This will convert the troublesome pull-style actuator to a more reliable and smoother feeling push-type release bearing.
PLEASE NOTE: THE HYDRAULIC RELEASE BEARING (HRB) IS NEEDED!!!
- Integral steel leg design prevents floater and pressure plate wear into the drive legs & reduces stress by 25%
- Rebuildable design ensures an extra long service life
- Gear drive clutch hub is located on the friction pack to enable easier transmission installation, smoother & quicker shifting & improved input shaft
- Lower moment of inertia & gear drive friction design allow for quicker, smoother shifts
- 2-Disc design is great for use in drag racing, drifting & road racing Evo VIII & IX applications up to 900 FT/LBS.
- Changing to a gear drive allows you to reduce chatter while improving shifting. QM has also made some changes to the friction materials to extend the life of these clutches by up to 30%, that's about 1/3 more passes per clutch!