Manley Plainum Series Pistons for the 1993-1998 Toyota 2JZ-GTE motor are designed to withstand the high stress and pressures of racing applications. The pistons are machined from high strength 2618 forgings. Each design is lightweight yet robust enough to deliver long service life. Perfect ring groove to skirt squareness is achieved through Manley's unique "one fixturing" manufacturing method that assures maximum horsepower. Round wire locks, tool steel wrist pins, and rings are included with every set at no additional charge. The 86.50mm bore with 9.0:1 compression ratio is best suited for blocks or sleeved blocks that required a bore and hone being assembled for use as stock replacements or being used in applications with upgraded turbocharger running up to medium boost levels.
- "Contour forgings" provide the optimum balance between strength and weight with no grain-interrupting internal milling.
- Proprietary multi-step top ring groove machining process assures optimum control of the groove's size, geometry, flatness, and finish.
- All final turning is performed in one fixturing resulting in complete squareness of rings to the cylinder wall.
- Federal Form-Scan gauging validates ideal skirt indexing to pinhole and skirt-to-skirt polarity.
- Value - added features such as a pressure balance groove included in all series.
- Precise pinhole machining results in an exact compression distance as well as precise lock ring groove spacing, size, and concentricity.